Mr. Bandar bin Ibrahim AlKhorayef was appointed as a minster o the Ministry of Industry and Mineral Resources in August 2019 by a royal decree to found the Ministry of Industry and Mineral Resources, and transferring competencies, tasks and responsibilities related to the industrial and mineral resources sectors. On 1/12/1441 AH, a royal decree No. 2064, was issued to assign the minister of industry and mineral resources to the presidency of the sectors councils under the Industry and Mineral Resources System (the Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu, Modon, the Saudi Industrial Development Fund, the Saudi Geological Survey, the Saudi Export Development Authority, National Program for the Development of Industrial Clusters (the National Center for Industrial Development) the former name. Also, he became the head of the National Industrial Development and Logistics Program, and the head of the Board of Directors of the Local Content and Government Procurement Authority.
Scientific and practical life
The minister of industry and mineral resources holds a bachelor of agricultural economics from the College of Food and Agricultural Sciences at King Saud University. He has more than 27 years of experience in the industrial, commercial and investment fields, for example leadership positions in the private sector, as the presidency and membership of the boards of directors in many companies. In addition to many training courses in leadership, management and investment.
The Minister is a member of many government committees, and boards of directors of authorities and sectors, including:
- Member of the Council of Economic and Development Affairs.
- Member of the Strategic Committee.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Royal Commission for the City of Riyadh.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Saudi Military Industries Company.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the General Authority for Military Industries.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Special Economic Cities Authority and Chairman of the Executive Committee.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the General Authority for Statistics.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Saudi-Emirati Coordination Council.