Positions and experiences:
- Secretary General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) since February 1, 2020.
- Minister of Finance, Kuwait (December 2017 – November 2019).
- Chairman of the Board of Commissioners and Managing Director of the Kuwait Capital Markets Authority (CMA) (September 2014 – December 2017).
- Minister of Education and Minister of Higher Education (February 2012 – January 2014).
- Acting Minister of Finance (May- December 2012).
- Chairman of the General Investment Authority.
- Chairman of the General Organization for Social Insurance.
- Member of the Supreme Council for Planning.
- Member of the Civil Service Council.
- Member of the Supreme Petroleum Council.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Bahrain and Kuwait Bank (January 2014).
- Member of the First Board of Commissioners of the Capital Markets Authority (September 2010-2012).
- Board Member of the Youth and Sport Authority (2010).
- Board Member of the Arabian Investment Company (2010).
- Board Member of Bahrain Real Estate Development Company (2006).
- Vice President of the Gulf University for Science and Technology for Academic Services (2008-2010).
- Assistant Professor, Accounting Department, Gulf University for Science and Technology (2003-2010).
- PhD. in Accounting and Finance, University of Hull, U.K. (2002).
- Master degree in Accounting, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, U.S.A (1997).
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, University of Kuwait (1994).